17 May 2007

The Sister with the Traveling Pants

One of the more superficial things that has been a concern was my wardrobe. Call me crazy, but I like to try to fit in when I travel! Maybe it's a hangover from my childhood days when we'd wear Hawaiian shirts and Bermuda shorts during our summer vacations, and I feel that I somehow still have to prove to the world that I'm not a dork. So, when my Mom bought be the linen drawstring capris from Talbots for my birthday, I was thrilled! I put them on with a longer top from New York & Company, and when Hubby came home he said I looked "very Indian".

Having an inappropriate wardrobe is brilliant justification for going way overboard with clothes shopping. At least now I'll have something to wear with all those fitted "Favorite" t-shirts that I have from the Gap and Old Navy. (You'll have to ask Hubby how much "overboard" is because I'm not telling!)

Thanks, Mom, for the pants. They are just perfect!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We've gotten our travel plans for the flat-hunting trip figured out. We decided that flying from New York to Kolkata via Heathrow is just too grueling if you try to do it all in one day, and we're taking the Little Guy with us. We're going to spend an extra night in London just to recuperate both on our way there and on our way back. It's tough enough flying with a toddler, so anything we can do to make it easier is worth it. Besides, Hubby's company is paying for it!

We found out some new details regarding the apartment in Alipur that will be coming available. It's not one unit per floor like we were originally told, or at least it doesn't appear that way from the way units are numbered. They are fairly large, though, since they are 3 bedroom units. We've been told that the other expat's unit will be converted to the company guest house, so it's not actually available for us to use. However, there are other vacant units in the same building. Hubby and I would still like to consider it, since it's close to his office and people we know, but we'll look at other flats to lease in addition.

I'm looking forward to that trip! I think lots of my questions will be answered then, and I'll get a feel for what our new surroundings will be.

That's all for now!

No comments: